A disaster is a sudden, disastrous event that seriously disrupts the functioning of a community or society and causes human, material, and economic or environmental losses that exceed the community’s or society’s ability to cope using its own resources. A natural disaster is a major harmful event resulting from natural processes of the Earth; examples include floods, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis, and other geologic processes.
Natural Types of Disasters
- Agricultural diseases & pests
- Damaging Winds.
- Drought and water shortage.
- Emergency diseases (pandemic influenza).
- Extreme heat.
- Floods and flash floods.
- Hurricanes and tropical storms.
- Landslides & debris flow.
- Thunderstorms and lighting.
- Winter and ice storms.
Man-Made and Technological Types of Disasters
- Hazardous materials.
- Power service disruption & blackout.
- Nuclear power plant and nuclear blast.
- Radiological emergencies.
- Chemical threat and biological weapons.
- Cyber attacks.
- Civil unrest.
Early Warning Alert Service Flow Chart
- SEND for public
- SEND for Police.
- SEND for Hospital.
- SEND for ……