GIS is at the core of many of our activities. GTS offer support to organisations looking to set up spatial data infrastructure or migrate their existing SDI to open source GIS. We also offer GIS analysis and custom-made software development services.
- Spatial Data Infrastructure
- GIS and Mapping Technologies.
- GIS Requirements Assessment, Design, and Strategy
Spatial Data Infrastructure
Bringing geographic information together in one place has a number of benefits:
- Simplifies data management, access control and backups
- Easy integration with OGC web servers, simplifying INSPIRE compliance web mapping
- Allows advanced queries, adding value to existing data
- Reduces likelihood of duplicating or loosing data
GTS (GIS Trans Solutions) offers maximum flexibility and freedom of supplier.
Migrations typically involve:
- Defining your requirements
- Existing workflows
- In-house tools / extensions used
- Assessing a solution and identifying potential gaps
- Developing additional features as required
- Advising on implementation and transition
- Migrating your data, cartographic styles and templates
- Targeted training
- Providing ongoing support and maintenance
As consultants we use GIS to tackle a wide range of real-world problems for our clients.
Some examples include:
- Flood risk modelling and mapping
- Ecological connectivity, corridor and habitat modelling
- Route optimisation
- Retail location analysis
- Soil fertility maps
- Calculating amenity service areas based on drive-time
GIS and Mapping Technologies
- Mobile data collection
- Cartography, atlases, and interactive maps
GIS Requirements Assessment, Design, and Strategy
The goal of this assessment is to define your systems capabilities and use the information to evaluate alternative systems.